Sunday, September 24, 2006

Self Hypnosis - a way to mind control

I was reading about hypnosis few days back and this phrase caught my eyes, Self-Hypnosis.
Then I found out that self hypnosis is nothing but controlled day dreaming, which is my speciality.

Self hypnosis is not exactly day dreaming, but you make yourself totally committed or bound to a consciously controlled dream of whatever u like or whatever u want to do. Sometimes while doing some work(or even in bathroom), i start thinking of someone or something that puts me in a trance condition and i evade off to my own world, where i do whatever i think; for eg: be a super hero saving all the people and finally kissing my love(this often makes me work at half the speed). These dreams that i have dreamt so far are very detailed with even dialogs directed by me.
I don't know whether its good to practice or not. But i feel that it plays a very important part in self control. Human being is a social animal and he has every right to expose his emotions to the society. But not always, he may be bound to some social rules or feelings that prohibit those actions.
For eg; you would like to hammer your senior in college who ragged u, but you couldn't do it. The next thing you do is to start dreaming with vengeance where u get a good chance and situation to beat him up. This may look cowardly, but now we are in a good situation for that. You need to control yourself before u start doing stupid things.

I think I'm a good dreamer and self hypnosis can help me in controlling ME, Myself and I

No comments: